Online Horticulture Courses
Monthly Photo Competition Rules
The following are the rules for entering into any of the MyGardenSchool (MGS) monthly Photo competitions. Please try to follow the theme of each competition, as this is most important. If you have any questions regarding the theme and its interpretation, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you with the application process.
To enter the competition you must have registered with the MyGardenSchool (MGS) website. The Online Photo Competition is open to all members of the MyGardenSchool without any geographic limitations.
There will be a prize for the first place winner for each of the 5 categories.
Landscape & Nature
People In The Garden
The winning entry to each category will receive a £50 (MGS) coupon code and be entered into the People’s Choice Award for the best photo of the year and a chance to win a DSLR camera at the end of the year.
Awards will include the following; first place, second place, third place, fourth place and fifth place and five honourable mention awards selected from all of the entries. Depending on the amount and the quality of the entries there may also be Special Recognition awards posted as well. There is no limit to the number of images that a photographer can submit provided they only enter one photo per day.
1.The winning selections will be exhibited and featured on the (MGS) Homepage for a one month period of time and then archived.
2. (MGS) will further promote the results by placing press releases to more than 70+ online Press Release sites to announce the winners of each month’s competition. Each press release will detail that month’s exhibition and advertise the artist’s professional art websites. Copyright belongs to the photographer but (MGS) reserves the right to use awarded images to promote both the photographer and the MGS website.
3. (MGS) will also provide promotion to the photographer in the Honorable Mention and Special Recognition categories by having them listed in the archive of the online gallery exhibition.
Each file may not exceed 1MB and must be in a jpeg format. No images from previous (MGS) Competitions are allowed to be entered again.
See deadline for this month’s competition and theme.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Click on this link to enter. SUBMIT HERE
2. Upload your images in the form provided above and make sure that each step is followed closely.
Prepare your images as required before beginning the submission process. Submissions are only accepted via the online process. Submissions as email attachments, on CD, or prints are not allowed in this competition and will not be returned. Digital image files must meet the following specifications: JPEG files only with the largest dimension being 1000 pixels (width or height), with a resolution of 100, and JEPG compression quality of 12 (or the highest quality setting).
The sizing and labelling of your images is very important. Please label your image files in the following manner; last name, catagory name, image/entry name.
Here is an Example: Smith_1_Surfaces_Wave.jpg.
Image name may not exceed 40 characters. Please note that image name is the name of the artwork, not the file name.
Everyone whose image is chosen for the exhibition will receive an email notification of the accepted image(s).
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Based on the artwork submitted to our competitions, they will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
1. Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
2. Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
3. Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
4. Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
Please review the dates of each month’s competition for deadlines and themes.
By submission for any art competition, artists grant MyGardenSchool (MGS) the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing and display for any other MGS programs and for use in the MGS Archives. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from MPS. MPS has no further interest in any of the Artist’s artwork and recognition is provided with any use. The Artist further states that by uploading these images, that they own the rights to these images as well.
All images contained herein are the property of the artist and the artist retains the copyright to said images. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
Any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of Luck! SUBMIT HERE