Gardening in Norfolk is close to my heart, as my grandfather worked for the Earl of Leicester at Holkham Hall on his estate. This is where he learnt his incredible horticultural knowledge, and passed down his love of gardening through several generations. He spent his 96 years, sharing gardening knowledge, both formally and informally to all who would listen. Norfolk of course is also a very fertile growing area, known for market gardening, with some beautiful spots, both natural and cultivated.
We have all sorts of courses at MyGardenSchool, wherever you are located in Norfolk, to help you hone your horticultural skills, ranging from vegetable gardening, henkeeping, garden design, specialist plant growing, or evening building your own treehouses!.
• Master Gardeners help bring together growing groups and initiatives unique to Norfolk.
• Each has their own innovate ways of promoting the benefits of growing your own, such as events, talks, articles, and through community groups and schools.
• Each Master Gardener supports 10 householders just beginning to grow their own food, offering seasonal advice and support for 12 months.
• Volunteers ‘graduate’ as Master Gardeners after 30 hours a year volunteering (about half a day a month). Most continue beyond.
• They feedback their hours, activities, successes and problems to their Norfolk volunteer co-ordinator, Gabbie Sharp
• Full Master Gardener training (two-day course) supported by dedicated manual and interactive website.
• Active support from the Norfolk volunteer co-ordinator, Gabbie Sharp, including one-to-one guidance, horticultural training, newsletters, and factsheets.
• Part of a community of Master Gardeners promoting food growing around the UK.
• Free resources, badge, clothing, safe working policies, insurance, expenses, awards, Garden Organic membership and discounted Grow Your Own magazine subscription
East Ruston Old Vicarage
East Ruston, Norwich, Norfolk
East Ruston Old Vicarage is a remarkable 32 acre garden incorporating formal design, enormous decorative exuberance and brilliant planting. Close to the North Sea but… more
Fairhaven Woodland & Water Garden
School Road, South Walsham, Norwich, Norfolk
A haven of peace and tranquillity….. Set in the heart of the Norfolk Broads, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden is one of the county’s best kept secrets. Boasting the UK’s… more
Gooderstone Water Gardens
The Street, Gooderstone, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
Gooderstone Water Gardens: What could be nicer than to stroll through an enchanting garden. Explore the nature trail, perhaps spot a kingfisher and enjoy delicious homemade… more
Houghton Hall Walled Garden
King’s Lynn, Norfolk
Houghton Hall Walled Garden is a 5 acre walled garden divided by yew hedges into `garden rooms´. Including a 120 yard double herbaceous border, formal rose parterre with over… more
The Bressingham Gardens
Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk
The Bressingham Gardens. The late Alan Bloom´s Dell Garden created from 1953 with over 50 immaculate ´Island Beds´ of more than 4,500 varieties of perennials, and Adrian… more
Oxborough, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
The Oxburgh Hall garden surrounds the wonderful moated Tudor manor house built in 1482 by the Bedingfeld family. Lawns fringed with fine trees, a Victorian parterre planted by… more
Wroxham, Norwich, Norfolk
Enjoy a family day out at Hoveton Hall Gardens. There is something for everyone to enjoy including the new and improved children’s activity trails, the recently restored rare… more
Sandringham, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
Sandringham House is perhaps the finest of all the Royal gardens. Each generation of the Royal Family has added something of their own times and tastes. Wander along the… more
Holkham Hall Park and Lake is a carefully planned feature of the approach to the main house. Originally approached from the south through the Triumphal Arch, however today… more
Blickling, Norwich, Norfolk
Blickling Hall has a delightful garden and park surrounding the Jacobean house. There is a Victorian sunken garden, remodelled by Norah Lindsay in the 1930´s. consisting of… more
Felbrigg, Norwich, Norfolk
The 17th century Felbrigg Hall has a delightful walled garden, combining productive and ornamental gardening. Fruit and vegetables abound and provide fresh produce for the… more
Bradenham, Thetford, Norfolk
Bradenham Hall is an exceptional plant-lover´s garden for all seasons. The house and garden walls are covered with unusual shrubs, climbers and fruit. The flower gardens are… more
Mannington Hall, Norwich, Norfolk
Mannington Gardens are set around a medieval moated manor house and feature a wide variety of plants, trees and shrubs in many different settings. Throughout the gardens are… more
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve and Gardens
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve and Gardens: Set in the beautiful Wensum Valley in North Norfolk and famous for hosting BBC Springwatch, this award winning attraction has something… more
Sheringham Park gardens were designed by Humphry Repton in 1812, and are one of his outstanding achievements. The large woodland garden is particularly famous for its.